The weekend is here!! Here’s a nice sugar-free treat to enjoy. It kind of reminds me of raisin toast. Eat it by itself, with greek yoghurt, with butter or another spread, toast it – the options are endless.
It’s quick and easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
50g self-raising wholemeal flour (can be replaced with plain wholemeal flour and 1 tsp baking powder)
50g plain self-raising flour (same as above, can use plain flour with 1 tsp baking powder)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
50g unsalted butter
1 1/2 to 2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, beaten
Handful of frozen berries (use small berries)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the spices
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour
- Rub the butter into the flour using your hands until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs
- Stir in the raisins and make a well in the centre
- In another bowl mix the mashed banana and the beaten egg
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and fold in
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin
- Turn the oven down to 160C and bake for 45 minutes, check with a skewer to make sure it’s done
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, remove and then cool on a rack until completely cool
- Cut and ENJOY!