This week we had two of my favourite salads. I love the Avoca Salads book and tweak the recipes depending on what I have in the kitchen.
Broccoli, Tomato, Feta, Almonds Salad
A small head of broccoli, cut into florets and lightly steamed
50g feta, I use Danish Feta as it’s soft and creamy, cut into small pieces
Half a tub of cherry tomatoes (125g)
Handful of raw almonds
- In a bowl combine the cooled broccoli and cherry tomatoes
- Top with the feta and sprinkle over the almonds
- Toss, serve and ENJOY!
Chorizo, Potato, Feta Salad (Yes I am Irish and yes I like potatoes!)
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
100g chorizo, cut thin slices on the diagonal
3-4 handfuls of rocket, spinach (any baby leaves)
8 sun-dried tomatoes cut up
50g feta (again I use Danish Feta)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender, drain
- Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Lay the chorizo on an ovenproof dish and bake for 15 minutes (I use a glass dish as they cook too quickly on my metal dishes)
- Toss the potatoes in the baking tray to absorb the chorizo flavour
- In a salad bowl place the salad leaves, top with the potatoes and chorizo
- Scatter over the sun-dried tomatoes and feta
- Serve and ENJOY!