If you are looking for a healthy sugar free slice recipe then look no further. This is so simple and so tasty, plus you know you are heating a healthy nutritious snack. I made this today, it was quick and enjoyed by the whole family – even Little A and Little S.
175g Rolled Oats
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
A handful of Frozen Berries
A sprinkle of Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas, beaten eggs and oats
- Line a slice tray with baking paper and spoon in the mixture
- Top with frozen berries and sprinkle with coconut
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool and slice as you like. I cut 20+ small squares
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. These won’t last long though, I have to stop myself from eating them.
Variations: You can use any topping that you like, nuts, fruit etc.
Sweetness Tip: If you are new to reducing your sugar intake and still like things a little sweet you can add 1-2 tbsp of honey to the batter mixture. I find the bananas add enough sweetness without adding honey.
These are perfect for school lunch-boxes if made nut-free or as a quick snack for us adults during the day. They are healthy and filling to boot.