Being 3 can be tough!
- You are little, this means not everybody can hear you when you speak – unless you are angry and shouting, then everybody can hear!
- In your head you completely know what you are trying to say and the majority of the time so do your parents but others aren’t tuned in to your unique way of talking and sometimes they struggle to understand you. This frustrates you as you find it hard to choose other words to express yourself – because you are 3!
- You want control, to be your own person and express yourself – in what you wear and what you agree or disagree to do. This is hard when Mum or Dad want you to dress nicely for a party or insist you wear clothes outside your house.
- Up until now you were still the baby, now you are the big kid and so much more is expected of you. Sometimes you want to be the big kid but other times you just want to be the baby again.
- If you are not the eldest sibling you get told what to do, what role you play in the game, which cup or plate you can have and it’s not fair. You want to act out but then you end up in trouble and big brother or sister doesn’t want to play with you anymore.
- But you are 3, you don’t care what you look like, you are not embarrassed to dance or sing however you like. You have no cares, your day is filled with fun!
- You love kisses and cuddles and when you are not throwing a tantrum, drawing on the walls, completely ignoring requests to tidy up or throwing food at your siblings you are the sweetest, most adorable happy little 3 year old that you can be.
And you make us smile every day!