Mother’s Day is just around the corner, Sunday 8th May. That doesn’t leave you too much time to pick up something special for your mum and of course your partner – if they also happen to be a mum.
Mum’s are all about their family, rarely putting themselves first. We don’t expect a lot – actually if you just put those toys away we’d be thrilled.
But, on this one special day each year it is nice to treat mum – it doesn’t have to be extravagant, she doesn’t expect a lot. Here are 5 simple ideas that I think I would like to receive on Mother’s Day.
1. A Journal – these are very popular in the shops at the moment, making it very easy for you to pick one up. From Kikki K to Kmart and Target, they are inexpensive and come in every design you could imagine. I have a few hardback journals, I like to take notes and write stories – the old-fashioned way. I have a very special journal that a very good friend of mine gave to me years ago and I have used it to journal all three of my pregnancies so will keep it with me forever.
Here are a few examples of pretty journals for Mum:
Let’s Move to Paris journal, $6 from Target. Dave loves Paris so this really reminded me of him.
To Do book, $3 from Kmart. Mums always have lists To Do!
For all those new mums, mums with teething babies, mums with upset toddlers or mums that have so many lists in their head they can’t sleep – 3am journal, $16.95 from Kikki K
2. A Travel Cup – I never used to drink coffee but have grown to like it over the last year. Sometimes I think there must be a huge amount of waste in disposable coffee cups so why not get mum her own travel coffee cup, she can either take her hot drink with her from home or else use it as a take-away cup when she is out picking up coffees.
I particularly like this Wonder Woman cup, aren’t all mums wonder women? Wonder Woman travel mug, $10 from Target
3. Take over the Kitchen – Something all mums would love and rarely get – either breakfast or dinner made for them. I am the main cook in our house and sometimes it’s just lovely to have a meal served to you, with maybe a glass of wine too. But first, shoo me out of the kitchen as I do like to take over!
4. The Round Towel – what is it about a round towel that appeals to me? I’m not sure but I just love the way they look! Maybe it’s because it is less likely a little person can squeeze themselves onto the end of my towel?
Cotton On do a version which is a lot less than the many other options, $34.95 and they have 4 different styles.
5. Pictures – Finally my last suggestion is a lovely frame with photos of the family. Mum is rarely in photos so try to get one of her but if not pictures of the kids will be adored!
I particularly like the Ribba style frame from Ikea, $14.95, and it matches other frames in our house. With space for 3 pictures it’s just perfect for my girls.
There you go, I hope you found some inspiration…. if you are really rushed and can’t get to any of these shops – a bottle of wine and a magazine will also be appreciated!
Let me know what you are thinking of getting for your Mum this Mother’s Day. X